September 9-15 is International Housekeeping Week, our time to celebrate all the Housekeeping Team Members across Hilton Worldwide who keep our rooms shining and our guests smiling. Use this checklist to make sure you’re ready!
1. Create a Celebration Plan. Before August ends, jot down a celebration schedule using the planner located on the Recognition Website. Plan a different contest, activity, or meal for each day. For ideas from other hotels click the International Housekeeping Week section.
2. Recognition supplies Once you’ve decided on activities for a week, be sure to stock up! Ready pillowcases for the pillow-stuffing contest, and set aside carts for Housekeepers to customize – and race! However you do it, make sure you have everything ready to go so nothing holds up the fun.
3. Download Customizable Materials. From certificates and flyers, to candy bar wrappers and water bottle labels, you’ll find a variety of recognition materials at the Recognition Library. Add a personalized note to each item to let Housekeepers know why they’re special. All content is customizable, including language.
4. Stock Up on Prizes. Purchase a stash of cards, candy, gifts, or other low-cost prizes to hand out during the week and recognize your team. Housekeepers can keep them as mementos of a great week!
5. Recruit Other Departments. Don’t do it alone. Let other departments in on the fun—and the recognition. Have a different department plan some recognition each day of the week. And encourage all Team Members to thank all the Housekeepers in your hotel for their hard work.
Posted on Jul 20, 2012