We hope you’re having a great Catch Me at My Best. To date, more than 210,000 different Team Members from 103 countries and territories have been caught over 1.4 million times, setting this up to be our best year yet. Have you entered your catches on the Tally Website? There’s still time. With a little less than two weeks left, we want you to ramp up the recognition and finish strong. If you’re looking for inspiration, try one of the following:
- Reevaluate your goals. How many catches did you enter in June and July? Make a goal to increase that number in August and let your Team Members know. Try passing out remaining cards to Team Members and asking them to make one peer catch per day before Catch Me wraps up.
- Celebrate fun holidays. Hilton Naples celebrated Milk Chocolate Day by handing out branded treats from the Recognition Website to Team Members. August has plenty of fun holidays, such as Chef’s Appreciation Day on August 18, Waffle Day on August 24, and Just Because Day on August 27. Click here for a full list of upcoming holidays.
- It’s Human Resources Month. Take time to catch your HeRoes of Human Resources for everything they bring to your location.
- Hold a celebration. DoubleTree by Hilton Torrance – South Bay held a team rally prior to the conclusion of Catch Me. Smoothies and snacks were served, games were played, and the GM shared updates, awarded prizes, and encouraged Team Members to catch each other.
- Catch your entire team. Why note wrap up Catch Me by recognizing everyone at your hotel or in your department who contributes to exceptional guest experiences? If you can’t fill out that many cards, try sending an eCatch.
You can also check out last month’s issue of “Recognition Mattters!” for addition tips. And don’t forget to share your best practices and favorite catches for a chance to win a USD $50 gift card. We’ll also be selecting photos from social media that include the tag #catchme18. Last month, we selected 10 winners, including the following best practice from Ash West.
This year we are using Catch Me as a way to recognize every team member. I am committing to recognizing five Team Members every day for the great job they are doing. In addition, we started up a Team Member of the Month program and using Catch Me At My Best to help determine our first monthly winner. This is a great program that has my team excited to recognize each other!
You can go to the Prizes and Winners page of the Tally Website to see all the winners for June and July. We’ll be selecting 10 more winners at the end of August, and sharing their stories in future communications.
Note that while Catch Me at My Best ends at the end of August, you can enter catches on the Tally Website until September 7, provided the catch was made between June 1 and August 31.
Posted on Aug 28, 2018