Does your hotel have a plan for processing the catches you receive during Catch Me at My Best? If you’re still trying to find a system that works for you, try this comprehensive plan from from DoubleTree by Hilton Wuhu. First, here is how they marketed their program:
1. A program introduction was made and communicated to all Team Members through Managers, our notice board, and We Chat. The introduction included program information, brand awards, and hotel awards. The introduction also explained what behavior is catch-worthy and how to write a catch.
2. A poster was added to the Heart of House, office, and all Team Member areas to build awareness.
3. Cards were distributed in all offices and guest areas. They were even in the Team Member entrance to make sure everyone was caught.
4. Catches were shared daily on the notice board, We Chat, and hotel email to encourage Team Members to strive for monthly awards.
Once the program got going, Thomas Li tells us his hotel had a specific plan for collecting catches and determining winners:
1. Fill out the card and pass it to the Team Member to express appreciation.
2. Once the Team Member receives, the card, they give it to their HOD.
3. HOD signs the card and writes the Team Members name. This means the card is valid.
4. HOD records the number of cards receives and the stories on them. Then, all cards are sent to Human Resources.
5. HR adds up the number of catches and adds them to the Tally Website.
6. At the end of the month, HR recognizes the 10 Team Members with the most catches as winners.
7. Department heads each select one winner based on best Catch Me stories.
8. HR distributes prizes to winners.
9. At the end of August, the hotel will select the Top 3 winners based on the number of cards receives. Winners are awarded a one-night room coupon that includes two breakfasts.
Then, it was time to talk about prizes! DoubleTree by Hilton Wuhu selected 20 monthly winners.
1. The total number of awards of each month was 20. The monthly winner will be awarded one Open Dinner coupon.
2. 10 awards for the top 10 winners with most cards of all departments.
3. 10 awards for the best card stories to be identified by Department heads. This can bring an equal opportunity to win to Team Members who don’t have many catches, but do have a memorable catch.
4. Each TM can only win one monthly prize, but they are all eligible for the grand prize at the end of the program.
Posted on Mar 30, 2015